Although CAPT is a multiple practice program, there are several shared elements among all CAPT fellowship positions such as its Mission and the following:
- All CAPT positions are in two-year postdoctoral programs accredited by the APA.
- Each academic year begins on September 1st and ends on August 31st.
- The online application process opens on October 1st, but not all positions are available each year. (See below for more information about specific positions offered.)
- CAPT Faculty is a united group of psychologists involved in the teaching of all CAPT fellows regardless of their specialty or training site.
- Fellows from each specialty and training site participate in the same core didactics and group supervision.
- CAPT administrative procedures and processes are shared with the exception of some requirements in the application process that vary slightly by specialty.
CAPT offers the following postdoctoral fellowship positions in:
Clinical Health Psychology
|Site||Clinical Health Psychology Rotations||Areas of Additional Exposure||Supervisors||Total Positions||# Positions Available
in 2017-18 Application Process*
|Site||Rehabilitation Psychology Rotations||Areas of Additional Exposure||Supervisors||Total Positions||# Positions Available in 2017-18 Application Process*|
* Those interested can apply for these positions through the CAPT Application Process that opens October 1, 2016. The start date for those selected to fill these positions would be September 1, 2017.
See the position descriptions to find out what is offered in each CAPT training site.